503 Countryside Lane
Dixon, Illinois 61021 (815) 288-6044
“Comfortable Memory Care ”
Dedicated Memory Care Community
Our Memory Care Community provides around the clock supervision and monitoring within a secure environment. Our compassionate trained staff works with each Resident and their family to create an environment where our Residents can succeed and thrive while maintaining as much familiarity as possible.
We at Avonlea Cottage of Dixon want to assist families with their loved ones so that they can rest, relax and enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved ones are receiving the best care from friendly, qualified staff.
Memory Care is a unique residence where people in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer's Disease and related memory-impairing issues can enjoy a renewed sense of normalcy. By focusing on each resident as an individual, we customize a plan of care to balance and promote choices, dignity, assistance and involvement with activities, family and friends.
Our program has been designed to ensure the highest quality of life for the dementia resident through our approach of providing assistance and support in a structured environment. Our residents and their families realize that life after diagnosis is still rich and rewarding.
The cozy and private studio apartments feature:
• Fully carpeted accommodations with large windows allow pleasing views and plenty of natural sunlight
• Spacious "senior friendly" bathroom with easy access low-curb shower with built-in seat
• All utilities, TV & phone hookups available
• Individual climate control units
• Personal emergency response system
Catered living at Avonlea also includes:
• 24-hour protective care by attentive staff of licensed and certified nursing personnel
• Local Medical Director services onsite
• Portable X-Ray, EKG, Lab & Podiatry services available onsite
• 3 nutritious, home cooked meals per day plus snacks
• Housekeeping & laundry service
• Beauty salon
• Variety of entertainment including planned social activities and special events; activities include music & pet therapy, art & crafts, games, puzzles and various exercises
• Covered porch, lounges and common sitting areas for peaceful retreats and family gatherings